Inspired by a line from ‘Monkey Gone To Heaven’ by The Pixies, this is the second half of our 6 & 7 tees, which commemorate our sixth and seventh years in business.
2020. What an absolutely savage year! And yet, despite the fear-mongering, the political fuckery, the economic sabotage, the social conditioning, the lockdowns —which of course meant the shop was closed to the public for four months out of twelve— and all the madness that we had to face, despite it all, we somehow clawed our way to birthday number 7 on 13th December.
Illustrator @ev1l_death has penned this almighty sequel with another massive, digitally etched, tarot-card-style back print, depicting the opening of heaven, and the timely vanquishing of man’s tormentor, The Devil.
Make of it what you will, but for me it sums up a turning point in the spiritual war that we are fighting, all of us, in one way or another. The silver lining. The light at the end of the tunnel. It’s when the sky splits open, light illuminates the dark, hope trumps despair, and good finally triumphs.
Again we’ve kept it simple on the flipside, with just THE QUARTER MASTERS classic logo on the front left chest.
The shirt itself is our super soft, 100% organic cotton, which, if we survive another year, will become the standard as we phase out all of our other, less ethical garments. Unisex silhouette. Side-seamed for a slimmer fit.
And if The Devil is six,
then God is seven
MONKEY GONE TO HEAVEN — THE pixies
- Super soft, unisex, crew neck T-shirt
- 145gsm, 100% Organic Cotton
- Side seam for a slimmer fit
- Weightless DTG back print — THEN GOD IS SEVEN
- THE QUARTER MASTERS classic logo on the chest
- Hand-finished at our shop in Folkestone, Kent
- Original artwork by Mark Veitch / @ev1l_death
- Inspired by a lyric by Black Francis of The Pixies
- Model @boredbrand — 5’10” wearing M
- Pics by @hardyccphotos / www.hardycc.co.uk